- 2018 INFORMATION AND HIGHLIGHTS
- TWO OPPORTUNITIES TO SHOP EARLY AND AVOID THE CROWDS!
- PARKING AND DIRECTIONS
- FREE ADMISSION from 11 A.M. to 7 P.M.
- HA:18 VENDOR LIST (200+ vendors / 83 First-time vendors)
- FREE, all-ages HANDS-ON HANDMADE Activity Area with 16 make-and-take projects
- Craft Corridor with 19 emerging vendors (Sponsored by CommonWealth Press)
- YOUTH MAKER ALLEY featuring 12 youth makers. Supported in part by Remake Learning and The Grable Foundation and proudly sponsored by Google.
- Crafted Apple, an exclusive collaborative release from Threadbare Cider and Handmade Arcade
- Framer’s Market – Purchase affordable frames of various sizes and learn to frame 2D artworks on-site at Handmade Arcade! Learn the basics of framing and matting artwork you have purchased at Handmade Arcade. Presented by the Greater Pittsburgh Arts Council.
- Limited-edition tote bags and t-shirts for sale (Designed by Worker Bird)
- Music by local DJs Mary Mack, Stephanie Tsong (Jellyfish), Pete Spynda (Pandemic) and Jennifer Baron (The Garment District)
- HUGE thanks to our 2018 SPONSORS
The Cutting Edge: A Fundraiser for Handmade Arcade
Friday, December 7, 2018
5:30 PM – 8:00 PM
Tickets Cost: $30
Open to ages 18+.
David L. Lawrence Convention Center
1000 Fort Duquesne Boulevard, Hall B
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Don’t miss Handmade Arcade’s Inaugural Benefit Event on Friday night!
- GET A FIRST LOOK at the market the night before it opens to the public
- SHOP EARLY from more than 130 featured vendors
- MEET THE MAKERS — from Pittsburgh and beyond
- MINGLE with Pittsburgh’s craft community
- ENJOY snacks and cider, craft activities and make-and-takes
- HELP SUPPORT Handmade Arcade, the region’s largest independent craft fair, and its community of innovative craft-based artists, designers and makers
Lots to do!
- Sip Crafted Apple, an exclusive collaborative release from Threadbare Cider
- Assemble your own crafty goodie bag
- Create a glass mosaic with artist Debbie Jacknin
- Watch live demonstrations from Pittsburgh Glass Center
- Make block prints with WorkshopPGH
- Laser-cut a custom wood or leather key fob with Protohaven
- Bid on fabulous silent auction items
- Music by DJ Jeff Bower
- Cash bar and light bites
Proceeds will support:
- Free admission to Handmade Arcade
- Free Hands-on Handmade Activity Area for all ages
- Youth Maker Scholarship Program for ages 16-18
- Craft Corridor for emerging artists
Purchase an Early Birdie Shopping Hour ticket and enjoy the
exclusive opportunity to shop one hour before the event opens to the public!
Saturday, December 8, 2018
10 – 11 a.m.
Tickets cost $20
Early Birdie ticket holders will receive a black cotton tote bag custom designed by Handmade Arcade vendor Kim Fox (Worker Bird) and filled with crafty coupons and surprises from this year’s event sponsors and vendors.
Children 12 and under are admitted free with a ticketed adult to the Early Birdie Shopping hour. A limited number of tickets available.
A limited number of tickets are available.
Want to shop at both events? YOU CAN!
For just $40, get a combo ticket for both the Friday night fundraiser and Saturday morning’s Early Birdie for just $40 — a $10 savings!
Purchase tickets here.
Download the ParkPGH app for real-time parking availability. (Does not include Convention Center parking garage.)
The three closet garages to the Convention Center are:
Grant Street Transportation Center, 55 11th St, Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Ninth and Penn Garage, 136 9th St, Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Smithfield Liberty Garage, 629 Smithfield St, Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Visit the David L. Lawrence Convention Center website for directions. The David L. Lawrence Convention Center is located at 1000 Fort Duquesne Blvd, Pittsburgh, PA 15222.