CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS!
Hands-on Handmade Activity Area
Saturday, December 8, 2018
- Do you love sharing your passion for crafting, making, designing and dreaming with the public?
- Have a crafty skill or creative project to share with others?
Get crafty, be a maker and celebrate D.I.Y. culture at Pittsburgh’s first and largest independent craft fair!
Handmade Arcade is now seeking craft-based artists, makers, arts groups, collectives and educators to lead interactive and innovative projects for the public on Saturday, December 8, 2018, as part of our dynamic Hands-on Handmade Activity Area (HOHA).
Free to all, HOHA is designed to connect creators and consumers, engage attendees and vendors in a shared creative process, increase awareness about handmade locally produced goods, and encourage everyone to make things by hand.
Notification of acceptance for Hands-on Handmade will be rolling until all spots are filled. Please note: vendor applications for Handmade Arcade 2018 will open in June.
CALLING ALL YOUTH MAKERS!
- Are you a craft-based artist, maker or designer aged 16 to 18 — or do you know someone who is?
- Want to sell your original products at Pittsburgh’s largest independent craft fair?
- Excited to share your new product lines with the public?
- Looking for new opportunities to develop your ideas and business plan and gain exposure?
The Handmade Arcade Youth Scholarship Program returns in 2018 to empower craft-based artists, makers and entrepreneurs ages 16 to 18! This unique program provides free vendor space for a limited number of youth to share and sell original products in Handmade Arcade’s Youth Maker Alley on Saturday, December 8, 2018, at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center. From the application process to product development to being showcased at one of the country’s leading maker events, participants will learn the value of enterprise, innovation, collaboration and making things by hand.
Support for HA Youth Makers includes: sessions and mentoring with Handmade Arcade, an invitation to join HA’s Vendor Facebook Group, press coverage and more!