REQUIREMENTS FOR PARTICIPATION:
Read, sign, and return the Memorandum of Understanding by Monday, August 21, to Tricia at email@example.com.
This document outlines the expectations regarding maker participation and the services that Handmade Arcade and Sustainible will provide to each maker. This document was emailed to you with your acceptance email.
Complete Sustainible’s intake form by Friday, August 25.
Click here for step-by-step directions to complete this process.
By completing Sustinaible’s custom intake form on their online business-building platform, makers will provide critical information giving Handmade Arcade and Sustainible insight into your business. It will allow us to assess your business needs and determine how to help best you succeed.
Workshops: See the list of dates and details below.
You must be able to attend all of the workshops to ensure your success.
- Virtual workshops will be recorded and shared. If you miss a virtual workshop, you are required to watch it and check in with Handmade Arcade’s executive director or Sustainible’s team. We will review the content and answer any questions about your business at that time.
- We understand that life and scheduling can be difficult, and we will work with you if you must miss one workshop.
- However, if your schedule does not allow you to commit to the majority of the workshops, we ask that you decline your space in this year’s cohort so that we can give this opportunity to another maker. Your success in this program is tied to your active participation
Once each maker has attended three of the six workshops and completed the assigned milestones, Handmade Arcade will provide each maker with a stipend of $1000 for business development (e.g., inventory production, marketing materials, investments in e-commerce, booth display items, etc.)
Makers are required to document via a shared spreadsheet how the stipend money was spent. This is for reporting purposes only. Makes will not need to provide receipts.
Maker must complete all milestones and attend all workshops to participate in the Handmade Arcade Holiday Market on Friday, December 1, and Saturday, December 2, at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center.
- Value 1: 10-foot-by-foot vendor booth is valued at $370
- Value 2: Highlights on Handmade Arcade’s social media platforms (over 15K+ followers on both Facebook at Instagram) and in email newsletters (15k+ followers)
- Value 3: The chance to interact with over 10,000 attendees in two days
- Makers must be able to load in on Friday, December 1, between 11 AM and 3 PM (specific time TBD in November)
Handmade Arcade makes no guarantees regarding the sales of products. However, most makers report that the Holiday Market generates significant revenue. This opportunity allows the maker an opportunity to connect with consumers and fellow makers and learn a tremendous amount about themselves, their business, their products, and how they fit into the region’s maker and creative economy and community.
Exit interview and/or survey
After the Holiday Market, each maker is required to take an exit survey or interview. This information is critical. Your honest feedback will allow us to understand how to continue to build this program productively. It is also crucial that we can report back to our funder to ask for the program to be funded again in 2024.
– Back to Top –