Position: Board of Directors Treasurer (Volunteer)
Mission: Handmade Arcade celebrates the cutting edge of craft by connecting creators and consumers through making, sharing, and learning.
After 13 years as the Pittsburgh region’s largest independent craft fair, Handmade Arcade became a nonprofit organization in 2017. Over the past four years, its growth has been largely supported by a small, working board. The organization is about to undergo its first formal strategic planning process and is looking to fill the position of its board treasurer, whose term is expiring.
Time Commitment and Expectations:
- One full term of three years (optional opt-in for a second term)
- Attend at least 75% of 6 total board meetings, which are held on the third Thursday of every other month
- Participate in finance committee meetings, which are held on an as-needed basis throughout the year
- Make a personal financial contribution of any amount that is meaningful to you
- Actively participate in fundraising activities
The Treasurer reports to the Board the ongoing financial viability and stability of the Handmade Arcade (HA) while monitoring its financial information.
The Treasurer works with the executive director, board finance committee, and contracted bookkeepers (YourCFO) to oversee the organization’s annual Operating Budget.
- Reconciling monthly bank statements (the organization has an operating budget of approximately $145,000 and processes anywhere from 20 to 60 transactions per month)
- Co-signer on the HA business banking account
- Responsible for signing paychecks to staff and checks over $5,000 to contractors
- Monitor association financial information monthly, quarterly, and annually; understand HA financial information and work in partnership with the ED.
- Assist Board members in understanding financial data and appropriate interpretation of financial statements.
- Interpret and present HA’s financial position at board meetings based on statements prepared in advance by contracted bookkeepers.
- Work with ED, finance committee, and bookkeepers to create and present a yearly budget for board approval
To apply, please submit your resume and a brief letter of interest sharing why you’d like to volunteer for Handmade Arcade to Tricia Brancolini-Foley at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, August 2, 2021.