We are excited to share that Handmade Arcade is rebooting our Youth Maker Scholarship program for youth makers and entrepreneurs ages 13 to 19 to participate in our winter marketplace on Saturday, December 4, 2021 at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center.
Applications are now open! Apply today.
Youth Maker Benefits Include:
- $500 stipend for materials
- FREE standard booth size at the winter marketplace
10-foot-by-10-foot display space + 8-by-2.5-foot table + two chairs
- Opportunity to participate in a real-world marketplace
- Virtual or in-person learning sessions
- Professional mentors
- Features on Handmade Arcade’s virtual marketplace, blog, email, press release, and social media
- And more!
- Applications are open now through Friday, September 10
- Notifications will be sent on Monday, September 13
- First youth maker informative meeting on Saturday, September 18
- Meetings to be held in October and November
- Handmade Arcade Winter Marketplace on Saturday, December 4
Youth Maker Scholarship recipients must meet specific milestones to participate in Handmade Arcade’s winter marketplace on Saturday, December 4, 2021. At the first youth maker meeting on September 18, we will discuss and explain the milestones.
They include things like:
- Ordering materials by a set date
- Turning in the required paperwork
- Attending meetings or watching the recording
- Following through with check-ins with Handmade Arcade.
The milestones exist to maximize your success at the in-person marketplace and to keep you from becoming overwhelmed. Handmade Arcade will assist you with every step of the way.