Are you a maker living in Allegheny County?
Handmade Arcade wants YOU to apply to our first-ever, hyperlocal, virtual event – Handmade Arcade Spring Virtual Marketplace!
Friday, April 30 – Sunday, May 2, 2021
50 Makers / 3 Days
- Applications open on Monday, February 1, and close on Sunday, February 21
- $5 Application Fee (non-refundable; no exceptions)
- $50 Accepted Maker Fee
- Applicants must live or have their studio in Allegheny County
- Accepted applicants must have a functioning and stocked e-commerce site before the start of the virtual event on April 30
- Products must be handmade, hand-crafted, or represent each applicant’s personal creation
- See below for details about the virtual marketplace and application process
The Handmade Arcade Spring Virtual Marketplace is more than just an online store. Accepted makers will be given an opportunity to:
- Reach new fans through our extensive and engaged social media network
- Be a part of a targeted digital advertising campaign
- Take over the HA Instagram account
- Access to HA’s FREE maker curriculum with exclusive content
- Personalize your page on the HA Virtual Marketplace with images, videos, text, links, logo, and more!
Accepted maker is responsible for populating their own page in the marketplace via a password protected admin page.
The virtual marketplace page includes:
- Up to 10 images of products
- Up to 10 images of the maker’s process, studio, and/or booth displays
- Ability to tag and describe images to bump up SEO results
- Brief video of maker(s) (optional)
- Business logo or Headshot of the maker(s)
- Narrative information about business and/or maker
- Links to e-commerce websites and social media accounts. Each vendor participating in the virtual marketplace will be responsible for maintaining its own e-commerce site. HA is not responsible for individual sales, shipping of items, taxes, etc.
- Online tutorials and virtual workshops:
– Website user training
– Preparing for a virtual marketplace
– E-commerce and social media best practices and more . . .
Accepted Product Categories include:
- Accessories (Not Jewelry)
- Adult Clothing
- Bath & Body
- Children’s Products/Toys
- Other: Your product does not fit into any of the listed categories
- Paper Goods
How the jury process works:
A jury carefully reviews ALL applications. Each part of your application is important. The jury reviews your products and process description, images, merchandise price, social media pages, and websites. Ensure that your images are of the highest quality and that your website, if you have one, is active. If you provide the URL for an Etsy shop, we suggest that it is currently offering a representative selection of your merchandise.
50 MAKERS will be accepted for the Spring Virtual Marketplace.
- Be sure to upload high-quality, high-resolution photographs that are clear and in focus. Photos should bring out the best in your products, highlight the materials and methods used, and demonstrate originality, innovation, and the handmade process.
- If you are reapplying, use this opportunity to show us something new. Do not use photos that you have submitted in the past.
- A website is preferred, but an Etsy shop is also acceptable. If you don’t have either, a social media page (Instagram, Facebook, blog) for your business is acceptable. (Please do not share personal social media accounts.)
- We strongly recommend that your website and/or Etsy shop be live and current during the application process. Have plenty of items listed in your store that best represent what you intend to sell at Handmade Arcade.
- A well-written description of your products and creative process is vital to your application.
IMPORTANT: All Handmade Arcade marketplaces are curated. Each applicant’s products should be handmade, hand-crafted, or represent the artist’s personal creation. Mass-produced merchandise is prohibited at all Handmade Arcade events. Accepted vendors are NOT permitted to showcase products from anyone not listed in their original application. Food vendors of any kind are NOT permitted to sell at Handmade Arcade. This includes chocolates, tea, honey, and candy.