In-Person Marketplace Canceled
After careful consideration due to COVID-19, HA has decided to cancel all in-person events for 2020. We believe that investing our time, energy and resources in a virtual marketplace is the most effective and safe way to support our maker community. HA’s 2020 virtual marketplace will adhere to the high standards our audience expects from the organization’s established events.
Launching on Small Business Saturday, the Handmade Arcade Virtual Marketplace will include Cyber Monday and continue through Sunday, December 6, encompassing the peak of the 2020 holiday shopping season!
November 28 – December 6
NOW EXTENDED TO September, 7 (11:59 p.m. EST)
Accepted vendor fee:
Still have questions about the Handmade Arcade Virtual Marketplace?
Join Handmade Arcade Executive Director Tricia Brancolini-Foley for an informative Zoom webinar on Monday, August 24 or Thursday, August 27.
Virtual marketplace will include:
- Individual password protected page populated by each maker
- 10 product images linking to maker’s e-commerce sites
- Images showing creative process, production, inventory, displays and/or studio space
- Business logo and maker headshot
- Brief introductory video and text telling each maker’s story
- Links to e-commerce websites and social media accounts
- Access to online tutorials and workshops, such as website user training, virtual marketplace preparation, best practices for e-commerce and social media, and more
Audience experience will include:
- NINE DAYS to shop from a curated community of talented makers, designers, artists and crafters at the start of the 2020 holiday season
- Opportunities to support independent makers and the creative economy during a time when in-person events cannot take place
- An easy to navigate virtual marketplace featuring a multi-layered search, filter and sort function for saving favorite products and maker profiles – and discovering new finds.
- A variety of interactive experiences (video and live streaming), such as behind-the-scenes studio tours, hands-on demonstrations and tutorials, Meet the Maker Q&As, special giveaways and offers, online raffles, crafty discussions, and more