Coloring books are so not just for kids anymore. The benefits of coloring are undeniable — this simple act can reduce stress and anxiety, focus your thoughts, foster mindfulness and inspire creativity. Sounds like what we all need right now.
Whether you’re looking for an alternative to meditation, a cool birthday gift for that creative person in your life, a new activity for the entire family, or a way to support local artists — Handmade Arcade has just the thing for you!
You can now download pages from “Things Making Things: A DIY Coloring Book” for free via our website. Produced by Handmade Arcade, the 28-page coloring book features commissioned work from 10 Pittsburgh-based artists, along with original illustrations by Maggie Negrete. (Paper version of the coloring book no longer available for sale.)
Inside the whimsical book, you’ll meet imaginative creatures who are all crafting, making and designing things — from spiders wielding paintbrushes to dragons knitting to puppies making pierogies. Color your way through these pages as you turn them into artworks of your very own.
“Things Making Things” features artwork by, and interviews with, the following local artists and Handmade Arcade vendors. Click the below thumbnail image to open a printable PDF of that artist’s image.
After coloring the pages, be sure to visit the websites and social media feeds of the participating artists and support them as part of Handmade Arcade’s #shophandmadefromhome campaign. Your inner child will thank you.
Handmade Arcade News:
- Stay tuned for updates about applications for our winter events!
- Find out more about Art4AllPgh.org – our latest creative collaboration with The Artsmiths of Pittsburgh.
- Follow our 412 Maker Takeover Instagram series and support our crafty community!
- Visit our Crafty Community web page to shop from artists, makers and crafters from past Handmade Arcade events.
- Are you an artist, maker, crafter or small business owner looking for resources to help you keep your business afloat and viable during this time? Visit our COVID-19 Resources page.