Everything you need to know for the Handmade Arcade Holiday Market.
Click the link for more information.
Location, Directions, and Parking:
David L. Lawrence Convention Center (DLCC)
1000 Ft. Duquesne Blvd., Pittsburgh, PA 15222
The convention center is at the corner of Penn Ave. and 10th Street, in downtown Pittsburgh. Handmade Arcade is in Halls B & C on the second floor.
- Enter through the EAST LOBBY Street entrance off Tenth Street.
- Go up the escalator or use the elevator to your right behind the security desk
- Once you are on the second floor, Halls B and C will be on your left.
David L. Lawrence Convention Center Garage
GPS address: 139 10th Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Friday: Flat-free after 4 PM: $5 / Hourly rates on Saturday
This lot fills up first and fast.
Grant Street Transportation Center – Two-block walk or six-minute walk
GPS address: 55 11th Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Flat-free after 4 PM on Friday and on Saturday: $6
Smithfield and Liberty – Approx. four-block or eight-minute walk
GPS address: 629 Smithfield St, Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Flat-free after 4 PM on Friday and on Saturday: $8
- 11th and Smallman Outdoor Lot – Approx. five-block or six-minute walk
GPS address: 1101 Smallman St, Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Event Rate: $20 / Credit Card Only
- 11th and Waterfront Outdoor Lot – Approx. four-block or five-minute walk
GPS address: 1201 Waterfront Pl, Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Only open for special events. We cannot guarantee this lot will be open on Saturday.
Theater Square Garage – Approx. eight-block walk or ten-minute walk
GPS address: 120 7th Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Flat-free after 4 PM on Friday and on Saturday: $20
Go Mobile Parking App: Downloadable in Google Play and the Apple App Store
Use at your own risk. Handmade Arcade is uncertain if there are limits to how long you can leave your car in a parking space or the fees.
We are working on expanding accessibility at our events. Here is a list of existing supports.
If you need an accommodation not listed, you can ask any of our volunteers at check-in, at our welcome table, and throughout the event, wearing lanyards and/or black aprons with the Handmade Arcade logo! For ideas on how to increase accessibility next year, please email us at email@example.com
Wayfinding: The hall has large aisles. We suggest following the flow of people. Start at Table 1 in the front right corner of the hall. For help navigating the hall, grab a printed map from a volunteer or at the welcome or check-in table or scan the digital program QR code.
- Sensory Supports and Quiet Space: The David L. Lawrence Convention Center has Sensory Bags on site that are filled with items that can help lessen sensory overload for all ages. Bag items are also easily cleaned and sterilized for multiple uses. A dedicated quiet space is located near the glass elevator. Call the number posted on the door, and a convention center staff member will open the door.
- Lactation Room: Breastfeeding is welcome anywhere, anytime, any place at Handmade Arcade’s markets. If you prefer a dedicated private space, one is located near the glass elevator. Call the number posted on the door, and a convention center staff member will open the door. (It is locked for privacy reasons.)
- Changing Tables are located in all Family Restrooms.
- Gender-neutral Restroom: Gender-neutral bathrooms are located at the back of the hall near the Concession stand and marked with signage. Please also feel free to use a Family Restroom for more privacy. It is a single room with a door that locks.
- Mobility Supports: Wheelchairs are available to borrow during your visit to the David L. Convention Center. They are first come, first served, and borrowed by leaving your ID with the security guard at the desk as you enter the East Lobby doors. Additionally, there is seating in the lobby and in front of concessions in the hall. Feel free to take a break in either space.
- Service Animals: Service animals are always welcome; pets are not. Service animals are not pets; they are trained to assist people with disabilities. Proof of training as a service animal is not required, nor are special jackets.
What is TIMED ADMISSION?
- To control crowds, we require all attendees to sign up for free-timed admission.
- This year, we’ve extended our timeslots and added more free tickets.
- Your time slot designates when you will be allowed to check in and enter the market.
- No time limitations on shopping: You’re free to shop for as long as you want after you check-in.
- Easy check-in: You don’t need to print or download your ticket. Have it ready on your mobile device when you walk in.
What if I do not make it to the David L. Lawrence Convention Center by the time on my ticket?
- You will still be allowed to enter the market. The time indicates the earliest you can enter the market.
- We understand that you cannot always control traffic, parking, etc., and you might be late.
- For example, if you are running late and signed up for a 1 PM entry but do not arrive until later in the day, you will be allowed to enter the market when you get there.
- Once you enter the market, you are free to shop for as long as you want.
Can I bring my children?
- YES! Children are welcome.
- You do not need to register anyone under the age of 12.
- This includes the Friday Night Happy Hour and Early Bird Shopping.
How late can I register for the FREE market on Saturday, December 2?
- Free-timed ticket registration will be open until 5 PM on Saturday, December 2.
Friday Night Happy Hour and Saturday Early Bird Shopping
- Don’t wait to buy! The early shopping tickets sell quickly.
- Friday Night Happy Hour tickets will be sold at the door. We recommend that you buy your tickets online to maximize your shopping time.
- Early Bird Shopping Hour tickets will NOT be sold at the door. You must pre-purchase them.
Refunds and Ticket Transfers
For the free market, you do not need to cancel or transfer your ticket if you cannot attend.
- Transfer your ticket on Eventbrite to another attendee.
- Request a refund up to one day before the ticketed event.
- We have to process these manually, so please be patient with us.
- If you ask for a refund, you will be responsible for paying the Eventbrite fees. (You can avoid this by transferring your ticket to a friend!)
Have a question that is not answered here? Email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will get back to you as soon as we can!