At this time, the workshop is full. You can sign up below to be on the waitlist.
You will be contacted if space becomes available.
Are you a maker, artist, or craftsperson who needs help figuring out the building blocks to success? Made to Last, a FREE 6-part workshop, is for you!
We are excited to announce a rare opportunity to learn from some of Pittsburgh’s most successful makers, small business owners, and business experts.
Don’t miss your chance to gain practical knowledge from the folks who have worked hard, found their niche, and are winning in their craft.
When: Tuesdays • February 26 through April 4 • 6 to 7:30 PM
Where: University of Pittsburgh Oakland Campus • Murchoch Building, 3rd Floor • 3420 Forbes Avenue • Pittsburgh, PA 15212
Hosted in partnership with the University of Pittsburgh Institute for Entrepreneurial Excellence’s PantherlabWorks.
At this time, the workshop is full. There is a waitlist. You will be contacted if space becomes available.
The series includes:
February 28: Defining Success
- Alyssa Catalano of Studebaker Metals
- Dan and Shannon Rugh of Commonwealth Press.
- Sarah Lacy of Wildcard
- Naomi Hoppel of Pittsburgh Juice Company and Vibrant Sunshine Kombucha
March 7: Planning for Growth
- Jessica Graves of Una Biologicals
- Lucy Kelly of Bloom by bel monili
- Shannon Parris of Omicelo Cares and the Handmade Arcade Board of Directors
- A representative from the Neighborhood Community Development Fund
- Aaron Aldrich, Director of Lending Strategies at Bridgeway Capital
March 14: Engaging Online
- Jess Malandro of the Big Idea Center, Pitt’s hub for student innovation and entrepreneurship
- Lynne Nincke of The Institute for Entrepreneurial Excellence
- Jenna Vanden Brink of Jenna Vanden Brink Ceramics
- Samantha Bower of LUSTER and the Handmade Arcade Advisory Committee
March 21: Engaging in Person
- Kim Garret of PantherLabWorks
- Monica Grunick and Kelly Sanders of love, Pittsburgh
- Loukeisa Denise of Triple Moon Alchemy
- Val Snyder of Simon’s Granddaughter and the Handmade Arcade Advisory Committee
- Amy Garbark of garbella
March 28: Production
- Rebekah Joy of FLUX BENE
- Adam Nelson of The Daggerfish Gear Co.
- Devin Montgomery of HEBI Robotics and founder of Protohaven
- A representative from Catalyst Connection
April 4: Next Steps
The final series will allow participants to mingle and meet with experienced professionals with expertise in small business law, finance, the Pittsburgh arts ecosystem and creative economy, insurance, and more! You will also be able to meet with the experts from the University of Pittsburgh Institute for Entrepreneurial Excellence’s PantherlabWorks, who can help you navigate the next steps and share what resources they provide for new maker businesses.