Handmade Arcade’s DIGITAL DIY: A Virtual Marketplace will launch on Small Business Saturday – November 28, 2020 – and run through Sunday, December 6, 2020.
Showcasing 150 innovative crafters, makers, designers and artists, HANDMADE ARCADE: DIGITAL DIY will serve as a centralized online destination for the 2020 holiday shopping season.
Application fee: $15 (non-refundable)
Vendor fee: $150
All applicants will receive access to a free e-commerce preparedness webinar.
IN-PERSON MARKETPLACE CANCELED
After careful consideration due to COVID-19, HA has decided to cancel all in-person events for 2020. We believe that investing our time, energy and resources in a virtual marketplace is the most effective and safe way to support our maker community. HA’s 2020 virtual marketplace will adhere to the high standards our audience expects from the organization’s established events.
Virtual marketplace will include:
- Individual password protected page populated by each maker
- 10 product images linking to maker’s e-commerce sites
- Images showing creative process, production, inventory, displays and/or studio space
- Business logo and maker headshot
- Brief introductory video and text telling each maker’s story
- Links to e-commerce websites and social media accounts
- Access to online tutorials and workshops, such as website user training, virtual marketplace preparation, best practices for e-commerce and social media, and more
Audience experience will include:
- NINE DAYS to shop from a curated community of talented makers, designers, artists and crafters at the start of the 2020 holiday season
- Opportunities to support independent makers and the creative economy during a time when in-person events cannot take place
- An easy to navigate virtual marketplace featuring a multi-layered search, filter and sort function for saving favorite products and maker profiles – and discovering new finds.
- A variety of interactive experiences (video and live streaming), such as behind-the-scenes studio tours, hands-on demonstrations and tutorials, Meet the Maker Q&As, special giveaways and offers, online raffles, crafty discussions, and more