What We Do
Handmade Arcade believes in the power of making.
From the 16-year-old high school student who launched her own line of female empowerment fashions, to the independent artist who went on to open a storefront, to the family who contributed a knitted square to a public art installation, we know that making things by hand can transform individuals and communities.
Commitment to Excellence and Growth
Handmade Arcade is more than just an annual marketplace. Committed to connecting creatives and consumers, Handmade Arcade:
- Provides area arts, cultural and community organizations with opportunities to participate in Pittsburgh’s largest independent craft marketplace and connect to Handmade Arcade audiences and artists
- Supports local craft and maker events and initiatives
- Serves as a bridge to the national craft movement
- Develops and implements year-round outreach and community collaborations
- Pursues partnerships with organizations that support youth and minority entrepreneurs
- Provides a Youth Maker Scholarship Program and a Craft Corridor emerging artist opportunity
- Maintains a highly visible identity and brand
Handmade Arcade’s Annual Marketplace
Held in December, Handmade Arcade’s award-winning annual marketplace provides an unparalleled opportunity for independent crafters, makers, designers and artists to interact with more than 13,000 attendees at a high-profile and highly-anticipated marketplace, while also sharing their products, creative practice and passions. Attendees come from all over Western Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Ohio and beyond to shop, create and be inspired.
Handmade Arcade presents an annual marketplace that:
- Showcases 180+ innovative craft-based artists, designers and makers from around the region and country
- Empowers makers of all ages
- Recruits emerging and established artists, new and returning vendors and under-served audiences
- Features arts groups, nonprofits and individual artists in its popular Hands-on Handmade Activity Area
- Bolsters the local craft and maker economy
- Connects artists to more than 13,000 attendees in one day
- Stimulates economic opportunity and growth
- Features never-before-seen emerging artists in its Craft Corridor
- Supports Youth Makers through a scholarship program